- We discuss your project for free. We talk about the results you want, what you need, your budget, your timeline and how I might be able to help.
- If we decide to work together, we agree on the project’s scope, the deliverables, deadlines, estimated costs, payment schedules, change orders, contact people, expectations, etc. I’ll send you an agreement.
- If you’re a new client, I may ask for a deposit.
- I get to work.
- We stay in touch. I submit drafts, reports, etc. You provide feedback, approvals, information, etc.
- I deliver the final product on time.
- You start seeing results.
For me (and anyone else who does what I do) to be as effective as possible for you, be prepared to answer these questions:
* What makes you different than everyone else who might do pretty much what you do?
* Who is your primary customer? Describe that person.
* How does your customer benefit from what you do? (what’s in it for that person?)
These questions are not easy to answer–as those of us who have already been through this exercise can affirm.