- Here are just a few examples of my work. Let me know what else you’d like to see and what backstories you’d like to hear.
- CMA Today: GI Woes (my original title: Here’s the Poop)
- Drug Topics: Should You Establish a Medical Marijuana Dispensary?
- Women’s Leadership Conference: How To Get Something Done
- Purse Power: Take The Next Step
Direct mail and email marketing
- Heidenhain: Email offer
- Rocky Mountain Shutters: New homeowners promotion
- Topco Associates: TopNews
- Tag-Up; Rose Medical Center: From Hospital to Home; AAEP: Celebrating 50 Years: It’s all about the horse; Mar-Tek Industries
- Wrote and produced a video for the American Association of Equine Practitioner about Brig. General Wayne Kester who had it played at his funeral.
- Initiated and maintained a six-year public affairs campaign that repealed the Social Security offset law in Illinois that had slashed or denied unemployment benefits to people on Social Security since 1980. Enlisted AARP, AFL-CIO, National Employment Law Project, state legislators, media, U.S. Dept. of Labor, offset victims, volunteer lobbyists. Created and maintained a repeal website, wrote and distributed news releases and collateral. Testified before legislative committees.
- Created annual reports, online newsletters and other collateral to support a two-year campaign that resulted in state funding for school-based healthcare clinics for the first time.
Human Resources projects
- Wrote comprehensive customizable online HR toolkit that helped AT&T reduce 250 regional call centers to less than 30 without incident. Established and maintained positive relationships with 35+ stakeholders for accuracy and buy-in.
- Senior copywriter and creative leader for a comprehensive multimedia orientation program that increased retention of 6,000 new management hires a year for four years. Wrote, managed and updated manuals, brochures, presentations, online content, senior management videos and other materials. Trained executives to present.
Exhibits and installations
- Created concept, selected topics, directed design, gathered materials, researched and wrote copy for 61 educational displays in new telecommunications training center.
- Wrote speeches for the CEO of US West, Sol Trujillo. Three were were chosen for reprinting in the prestigious Vital Speeches of the Day. Many generated national and regional media and were repurposed as magazine articles.
- Wrote successful grants for Oakton School Edible Garden, Children’s Hospital, Families of the Blind, Gove After School, Colorado School of Mines, Hunger Artists.
Media relations, news releases, publicity
- Wrote and distributed news releases and directed media campaigns that broke attendance records for CPI’s annual historic preservation conference for three years.
- Created and directed the annual Banned Book Readout for the ACLU of Colorado at the Library of Congress Book Festival and The Tattered Cover Book Store. Readers includes ACLU members, Denver’s mayor, elected and appointed officials, the Nuggets, the theater community, students and members of the media.
- Won awards from the Advertising Federation and PRSA Gold Pick awards for the NDL/Polk employee newsletter, an IABC award for a historic video series created for the Arabian Horse Trust, the Gold Peak award from the American Marketing Association and the Award of Merit from BPAA and Financial World Magazine for Beard Oil and USPCI annual reports.