- Here are a few examples of my work. As you can imagine, I have lots of samples. Let me know what else you’d like to see and what backstories you’d like to hear.
- CMA Today: GI Woes (my original title: Here’s the Poop)
- Drug Topics: Should You Establish a Medical Marijuana Dispensary?
- Women’s Leadership Conference: How To Get Something Done
- Purse Power: Take The Next Step
Direct mail and email marketing
- Heidenhain: Email offer
- Rocky Mountain Shutters: New homeowners promotion
Newsletters (digital and print)
- Topco Associates: TopNews
- Newsletter clients include Cox Communications, MyFinancialAdvice, Colorado Association for School-Based Health Care, ICOM, NDL/Polk, Arabian Horse Trust, and many more.
- Tag-Up; Rose Medical Center: From Hospital to Home; AAEP: Celebrating 50 Years: It’s all about the horse; Mar-Tek Industries
- Wrote and produced a video for the American Association of Equine Practitioner about Brig. General Wayne Kester who had it played at his funeral.
- Won IABC award for video series of Arabian horse pioneers in America. Ken Burns before Ken Burns.
- Initiated and maintained a six-year public affairs campaign that successfully repealed the Social Security offset law in Illinois that had slashed or denied unemployment benefits to people on Social Security since 1980. Enlisted AARP, AFL-CIO, National Employment Law Project, state legislators, media, U.S. Dept. of Labor, offset victims, volunteer lobbyists. Created and maintained a repeal website, wrote and distributed news releases and collateral. Testified before legislative committees. Recognized by State Representative Kelly Cassidy on the floor of the Assembly.
- Created annual reports, online newsletters and other collateral to support a two-year campaign that resulted in state funding for school-based healthcare clinics for the first time.
Human resources projects
- Wrote comprehensive customizable online HR toolkit that helped AT&T reduce 250 regional call centers to less than 30 without incident. Established and maintained positive relationships with 35+ stakeholders for accuracy and buy-in.
- Senior copywriter and creative leader for a comprehensive multimedia orientation program that increased retention of 6,000 new management hires a year for four years. Wrote, managed and updated manuals, brochures, presentations, online content, senior management videos and other materials. Trained executives to present.
Exhibits and installations
- Created concept, selected topics, directed design, gathered materials, researched and wrote copy for 61 educational displays in new telecommunications training center.
- Executive speech writer. Three of the many speeches I wrote for the CEO of US West, Sol Trujillo, were selected to be reprinted in the prestigious Vital Speeches of the Day. Others generated national and regional media and were repurposed as magazine articles.
- Wrote successful grants for Oakton School Edible Garden, Children’s Hospital, Families of the Blind, Gove After School, Colorado School of Mines, Hunger Artists.
- Wrote the executive summary and marketing section of a successful application to establish a medical cannabis dispensary in Illinois.
Media relations, news releases, publicity
- In only 13 days, I used a combination of traditional public and media relations, print ads and social media that attracted hundreds of attendees and media attention to the first annual information and education CannaEXPO about medical marijuana held on August 6, 2017.
- Used an article in Drug Topics to transform a local pharmacist into a national subject matter expert.
- Media relations and publicity generated excellent coverage and attendance for “Set Up,” a new play by local playwright Dan Noonan.
- Wrote print and social media release distributed by Walmart Canada to announce launch of Wholesome Goodness.
- Wrote and distributed news releases and directed media campaigns that broke attendance records for CPI’s annual historic preservation conference for three years.
- Created and directed the annual Banned Book Readout for the ACLU of Colorado at the Library of Congress Book Festival and The Tattered Cover Book Store. Readers includes ACLU members, Denver’s mayor, elected and appointed officials, the Nuggets, the theater community, students and members of the media.
- Organized and publicized fundraising events that featured celebrities, legal CEU workshops, product launches, etc.
- Advertising Federation and PRSA Gold Pick awards for the NDL/Polk employee newsletter
- IABC award for a historic video series created for the Arabian Horse Trust
- Gold Peak award from the American Marketing Association and the Award of Merit from BPAA and Financial World Magazine for Beard Oil and USPCI annual reports